Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WORDS OF INSPIRATION AND MOTIVATION

Quote by Hillary Clinton

 “Probably my worst quality is that I get very passionate about what I think is right.”



Excerpt from Hillary Clinton's Speech On -- "It Takes A Village To Raise A Child"
For Bill and me, there has been no experience more challenging, more rewarding, and more humbling than raising our daughter. And we have learned that to raise a happy, healthy and hopeful child, it takes a family, it takes teachers, it takes clergy, it takes business people, it takes community leaders, it takes those who protect our health and safety, it takes all of us.
Yes, it takes a village.



Quotes by Marian Wright Edelman
“If you don't like the way the world is, you change it. You have an obligation to change it. You just do it one step at a time.”

The challenge of social injustice is to evoke a sense of community that we need to make our nation a better place, just as we make it a safer place.”




Quote from Louise Derman-Sparks, Professor Emeritus
“But as I grew up I think I wanted to be-continue to be a teacher because I had just a built in passion that it was important to make a real contribution to the world and to fix all the injustices that existed in the world, and I wanted to do that through teaching.”

3 comments:

  1. Tamieka,
    I agree with Hillary Clinton in saying that the passion I feel for some topics can be one of my worst qualities as well. Having passion is a good thing. Harnessing our passion into positive expression that can help others understand and appreciate it can be a difficult task. I truly think it is important though. We have to have others feel our passion and not be turned off by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not write or research about Hilary Clinton but I have learnt so much about her passion for Early Childhood and indeed her contribution. I am glad you saw the passion in Louise Derman-Sparks She really shows her passion for early childhood as she says these words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not big on politics so I was not aware the Hillary Clinton was so involved in Education. I've heard her speak on it before but it really seems that it's something she's truly passionate about. Thanks for the insight and great job on your selections!

    ReplyDelete