Saturday, September 17, 2011

All About Me!

My favorite quote about children actually is a quote that comes from the bible.  It states, "Train up a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it"-Proverbs22:6.  I feel that if you teach a child to go in the right direction when they are young, then if they go astray then they will return to the teachings that taught them the right way.

One of my favorite childhood books is actually Cinderella.  I loved reading Cinderella because it encourages you to never give up in life.  It shows no matter how bad things are for you,at the end there is a happy ending.  All of us want to feel important and special in life and Cinderella  was a fairy tale that allowed you to feel that way.

A image of a child's drawing that stays with me is that of a 5yr old autistic girl who was in my class.  The picture was of a rainbow.  The rainbow had colors that a rainbow usually would not have. I felt that because of the colors of the rainbow she was expressing how she actually felt.  I felt that the image was important because as teachers we have to step outside of the box to actually understand what a child is saying.  Each image or picture has its own significant representation of what a child is trying to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment