Saturday, September 24, 2011

Personal Childhood Web

There are many people who have had a major impact on my life.  I have had the privilege of having influential people who I credited for my success as a teacher, mother, woman, and a person.

My mother, Betty has had a major influence on my life when I was a child.  She influenced me to become a strong woman.  She instilled values and morals that I will carry with me the rest of my life.  She nurtured me with her love and care.  She cared about me when I was going through rough patches in my life, when I wanted top give up.  She made me feel special by taking me shopping, spending time with me, and teaching me how to be respectful.  For that my love for my mother is unconditional.

My teacher, Mrs. Mayberry also had a major influence on my life when I was a child.  She influenced me by always pushing me to be the best I could be. She was that one teacher that followed me throughout school always encouraging me that I had a gift so use it to the best of my knowledge and always strive for the best, nothing less. Mrs. Mayberry was there when I needed her help with anything or just needed someone to just talk to she listened. She made me feel special by always being there when I called.  Mrs. Mayberry  still was given me advice about my career, until this past summer when she passed away.

Another individual who had a major influence on my childhood life is my pastor, Rev. Turner. My pastor has given me advice about life.  He helped mold me into a strong-Christian.  He helped teach me the true meaning of God and the importance of living a clean and spiritual life.  He also taught me the true meaning of good and evil.  I still have a spiritual and open relationship with my pastor.

My grandmother, Willie Mae  is also a person who has had a major influence on my life.  She has been apart of my life since childhood and she still is the most important person in my life.  My grandmother nurtured me with love and kindness.  She empowered me to be strong and also do my best.  She was that person who gave me baths, taught me my prayers, then tucked me into bed.  She took me to church and she would always take me to McDonald's.  My childhood memories of her are all happy and fun times.  She still calls me everyday encouraging me to always do well in life.

My best friend, Angie is a person who has had a influence on my life. She has been in my life since we were in daycare together. She encourage me each and everyday to stay with it never give up, never settle for less. She always was there when I truly needed her through the good and the bad times of my childhood life and now as a adult. She always made me feel special  by caring for me and  always motivating me. I can remember this one time when I was home sick and couldn't go to school, she was there with me that whole day doing whatever she could to make me feel better.My childhood memories with her was always one that made me smile. She still encourages and motivates me in my career, education, and family life. 

3 comments:

  1. Tamieka, Thank you for sharing your major influences profiles. I like your web site layout but would like to see some pictures. In reading your posts I can see your are a very religious person. I think God plays a major role in all we do. I hope to hear from you. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Tamieka you remind of a little girl Tamieka that i taught. I hope she will talk about me like you did. There are always people that we should appreciate in life.I enjoyed reading about the people that had an impact on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing to have so many wonderful people in your life. Your gandmother sounds allot like mine, granparents are the best!! I wish u had some pics to show, I would love to see your family! Great job.

    ReplyDelete