Saturday, August 18, 2012

Professional Goals and Dreams

We need to give each other the space to grow, to be ourselves, to exercise our diversity. We need to give each other space so that we may both give and receive such beautiful things as ideas, openness, dignity, joy, healing, and inclusion.” I hope that the knowledge that I have gained from this class has prepared me to create a cultural diverse classroom, so that children who come from diverse backgrounds can feel welcomed and so that they can feel appreciated as they experience their own culture as well as learn about other cultures. My goal as an early childhood professional, I would like to be a part of the change in how we view diversity, equity, and social justice within the early childhood field. I would like to make sure that all children and their families feel free to be themselves and they all receive the same rights and respect like any other culture. I would like to thank all of my colleagues for the support and encouragement that you have given me over the past several weeks. I have learned so much from you all and you have showed that you are passionate about your educational goals. We are a diverse group, but we managed to be respectful and passionate toward each other when discussing personal and painful moments of diversity. I wish all of you success as you continue to move forward in your goals and dreams of being professionals in the early childhood field.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tamieka,

    As always I enjoyed your post. Whenever I read your posts I can feel your passion. You have a way of inspiring others. I know that you will go far in your work with children and families.

    Good luck as you continue to embrace diversity.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your words..."We need to give each other space so that we may both give and receive such beautiful things as ideas, openness, dignity, joy, healing, and inclusion.” You capture the spirit of the course and our journey!

    ReplyDelete